Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Let's talk about Valentines Day. This one's for the books! ...or the blog for that matter. ;) Jason sure out did himself this year. I asked him all week long about what our plans were for the holiday but he kept his lips sealed. Usually I can get most surprises out of him but not this time. When I got home from work yesterday afternoon he told me to get all dolled up cause we were going out. We headed downtown and ended up at The Melting Pot! The evening was incredibly romantic. Look at the rose pedals lining the halls! The entire ambience of the place was strictly for lovers-dim lighting, a dozen roses on every table, dinner by candlelight...think as cliche as it gets. (but I LOVED it.)

Every year on Valentines Day The Melting Pot offers a special menu. It was a four course dining experience that was absolutely out of this world.

When we got home, the surprises continued. I walked inside and found our bedroom looking like this! (Notice how Jason incorporated the ipad into the romantic mix-that's totally my nerdy husband!)




This was one of the best Valentines Jason and I have ever had together. He swept me off my feet. He made me feel so adored. His love yesterday was almost tangible.

I felt it. I heard it. I knew it.

If there's one thing that I know is true it's this-His love for me is real. As is mine for him.

True love is not about simple hugs and kisses. It's not about being in the moment. It's about the deep, passionate feeling that runs through your body like fire. Once you feel it, you can never forget it. And as long as it's nurtured and respected it can change your life forever.

I love love.

1 comment: