Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Update. Finally.

Before I started blogging, I always got so pissed at my friends for not updating their blog on a regular basis (uh hum, Mel J). But now here I am. It's been almost a month without a post. WHOOPSIES! New Years Resolution, maybe? I'll try.

My vacation was long yet quite eventful. First, I was home in AZ for 10 days. My mother kept me busy as usual. Cooking, sewing, shopping, and family gatherings was on the agenda. Then I ventured to California to visit two very special people. Mrs. Shea Miller McGee in Laguna Niguel for 2 days, then up to LA to visit Dane for the last two. The weather was wonderful there. Someday I hope to live next to an ocean. (And next to a Sprinkles cupcakes...life changing.) Shea and Dane are two of my favorite people and getting to spend a little time with both of them was so so great. I wasn't too excited about going back to freezy cold Utah, but it was nice getting home and not living out of a suitcase.

Jason made it home safely after 24 long days in Chile. He came home with a nice tan, the lucky boy. It was quite the transition for him to speak English again after 3 weeks of strictly Spanish. The night he got home he wasn't feeling too well. I went home to get him some medicine. When I returned he was fast asleep on his bed. I gently woke him so he could take the pills I brought. He then proceeded to speak to me in Spanish. I just smiled and he then realized I had no idea what he was saying. It was quite adorable.

I'm happy to be home here in Utah. I'm even happier to have Jason home with me. Now it's time to get back to the ol' routine of things. I missed my little Danni so much. It's great being back to work with her too. We're sitting on the couch right now watching Up. She's still in her PJ's holding 3 princess dolls and she is trying to quote the movie. I love my job.

So there's my update! I promise to be better this year.


5 comments:

  1. danni is so beautiful. i miss her and you soo hard xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for updates! Seriously no one updates anymore. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on a giant post of stinkin' Christmas, and all sorts of festivities, but my computer was being a fart face and so I got pissed and stopped. By the end of the week though, I promise. And then I plan to update more often also, but I have to get at least that one out of the way. P.S. Still sad that I haven't seen you the last TWO times you've been home. Waah for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. SPRINKLES is the best. It's rare when we get to go out to Newport to get some. My favorite is the red velvet...ohhh baby. I'm glad you had a fantastic Christmas vacation! That's what it's all about...seeing family, loving it & being so warm & toasty knowing they are all safe & sound & everyone is together! Yay! But... getting back into the groove of things is nice too. :)

    good update!

    ReplyDelete