Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mother


My Mother

Who sat and watched my infant head
When sleeping on my cradle bed,
And tears of sweet affection shed?
My Mother.

When pains and sickness made me cry,
Who gazed upon my heavy eye,
And wept for fear that I should die?
My Mother.

Who taught my infant lips to pray,
and love God's holy book and day,
And walk in wisdoms pleasant way?
My Mother.

And can I ever cease to be
Affectionate and kind to thee,
Who wast so very kind to me,
My Mother?

Ah, no! The thought I can not bear,
And if God please my life to spare
I hope I shall reward thy care,
My Mother.

When thou art feeble, old and grey,
My healthy arms shall be thy stay,
And I shall sooth thy pains away,
My Mother.

by Ann Taylor

Happiest Day to the woman who gave me life, taught me to love and was the best example a girl could ask for. 

I love you forever,
I like you for always,
As long as I'm living
My mama you'll be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment