Monday, April 23, 2012

Today


Today I am nostalgic. I often get lost in happy memories of my past. Today more than usual.
Today I am tired. I had a long, eventful weekend that has left my body in need of some rest and rejuvenation.
Today I am sore. A hilling run has made my body ache in places it hasn't before.
Today I am missing my husband. The start of finals has begun which makes for some lonely evenings alone. 
Today I am still. I've been working on some techniques to be more in control of my anxiety. I am happy to report that they are working.
Today I am humbled. A new book has helped me gain a greater perspective on life.

but most of all,

 Today I am thankful.
I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for my home. I am thankful for my friends. I am thankful for the peace and serenity my soul is finding again. I am thankful that the sun chose to come out today and kiss my cheeks. 

My dear friends. My heart is full. 

1 comment:

  1. So beautifully written my darling. I need to learn your techniques for controlling anxiety by the way :)... xoxo

    ReplyDelete