Sunday, April 1, 2012

Outstanding In The Field

There has been a lot of buzz lately going around the web about Outstanding In The Field. You guys-I am drooling over this event! I want to go so badly. This nation wide traveling dinner seems like the perfect summer activity. Here's what it's all about-

"Our mission is to re-connect diners to the land and the origins of their food, and to honor the local farmers and food artisans who cultivate it.

Outstanding in the Field is a roving culinary adventure – literally a restaurant without walls. Since 1999 we have set the long table at farms or gardens, on mountain tops or in sea caves, on islands or at ranches. Occasionally the table is set indoors: a beautiful refurbished barn, a cool greenhouse or a stately museum. Wherever the location, the consistent theme of each dinner is to honor the people whose good work brings nourishment to the table.

Ingredients for the meal are almost all local (sometimes sourced within inches of your seat at the table!) and generally prepared by a celebrated chef of the region. After a tour of the site, we all settle in: farmers, producers, culinary artisans, and diners sharing the long table."

From east to west and north to south, strangers gather to feast together on the food from their very own region. I love the part that says, "Ingredients for the meal are almost all local (sometimes sourced within inches of your seat at the table)." That just sounds so cool to me! I've really been more attentive lately to the things I put into my body. This year I've committed to a healthier life style. This event just seems like a great way to celebrate our beautiful earth and the nutrients she provides us! Check out where this traveling dinner party will be closest to you. We'll be in Seattle this summer and I've found two different locations we could attend. Let's hope we can save our pennies to go! It's a little (ok, A LOT) pricey but a girl can dream right? I'll let you know if we go. I'm sure it's going to be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment