Monday, July 30, 2012

Camping in Leavenworth


 So as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm in the process of training for a marathon. It's going down this October in Leavenworth, WA. Just so you know, I'm not the only crazy person who is doing this thing. Our good friends from Spokane, Tyler and Laura have decided to join in on the fun (i.e.-shin splints, sore knees, heat blisters and mental and physical exhaustion). Conveniently,  Leavenworth is right smack dab in the middle of Seattle and Spokane (where we are currently living and where they are living). A few weekends ago we decided to meet up in Leavenworth, camp for a few nights and check out the course. It was a fabulous weekend that went by way too fast if you ask me! 

Here are a few pictures of our trip- 



Every night was spent relaxing by the camp fire, making smores and swapping stories. Jason appointed himself campfire keeper. He never let that thing get too low and was often off in the trees searching for kindle and firewood. 


Besides a killer early morning run on Saturday, we spent our free time exploring town, hiking trails, relaxing by the river and playing some good ol' card games. 
Left picture-me winning Phase 10 and Jason losing. He's obviously over it. ha!
Right picture-picking out some new hats. 


Here's Tyler reading 50 Shades of Grey on his kindle.  ;)
Just kidding. He was reading Moby Dick. 


Laura was so nice for letting me use her as my hair braiding guinea pig. I'd say I did a pretty good job on both the fishtail and the crownbraid! 


Boy scout Jason and boy scout Tyler spent a good portion of their camp fire time playing with knives and tree branches. I wish I could tell you that they whittled us a duck or something but sadly they did not. They did however make at least 6 really sharp and pointy sticks!

update-Jason asked me to clarify that it's eagle scout Jason and eagle scout Tyler. ;) 


Here's a little collage of what I have to deal with every time I wear a v-neck shirt.
Cleavage alert! 
Thanks Jason for making sure you documented me adjusting my shirt in  at least 4 different frames. 

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I seriously just laughed out loud at the pointy sticks, and the cleavage shots. You guys are the cutest. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were SO into it! :) Miss you Jordy!

      Delete
  2. Do you like how I have on a v-neck also and you couldn't find cleavage if you stuck your nose directly in my chest. Love you!

    ReplyDelete