Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dearest Momsie and Popsicle


Two weeks ago we were lucky enough to have my parents come up and visit for a few days. 
It was such a blast!


I've never been much of a homesick kind of girl but having my parents be around and then watching them drive away after only a few days was rough! 
I am so grateful to call these two fine people my mom and dad. They are the kindest, funniest, most generous people I know. I couldn't have asked for better parents. ;) 


On their first night here I whipped up a fantastic dinner and then we sat around the camp fire in the backyard and visited. Being from AZ where its two seasons are either hot or hotter, the 'rents were loving the cooler temperatures the northwest had to offer. They also came bearing gifts! My mom gave me the most darling necklace that she found at a little boutique along the Oregon coast. And for Jason-a grocery bag full of sour candy. ;) He. was. in. heaven. 
PS-doesn't he look like Huckleberry Finn there with his pants above his ankles, dirty feet and holding that stick? 


One thing that you all must do if you ever end up in Seattle is go see the Freemont Troll under the Aurora Bridge. It was sculpted by public artist Steve Badanes. Notice how he's clutching a VW bug as if he just swiped it from the road above. 
Very cool.


On their second to last night here we ate at Wally's Chowder House & Broiler, a fantastic little restaurant right on the Puget Sound. The chowder was quite possibly the best I've ever had. Go there and try it out for yourself! 
After dinner we walked the pier and enjoyed the sunset.  


Are they not the cutest?!

Thank you mom and pops for coming to visit and spoiling us rotten for a few days!

 There are few thing better, in my opinion, than spending time with family and let me tell you, the time we spent together here in Seattle was very much time well spent. 

I love you guys past the starts and the moon!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment