Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Bevy

My most favorite summer beverage is a tall, ice cold glass of mint limeade. When I lived in Utah I use to go the Provo Farmer's Market every Saturday. There was a stand that sold the most amazing limeade that my taste buds had ever come in contact with! I copycated the recipe and now I can have it when every my little heart desires.

Mint Limeade
1 large mason jar
5 small limes
1/2 c. organic sugar (it has to be organic. that's the secret ingredient)
mint leaves
h2o

Half the limes and use a good citrus squeezer to get all the juice out. I like using this one. Pour lime juice into the mason jar. Fill jar with water-not all the way, leave about 2 inches. Add sugar, put lid on and shake shake shake! Next add your mint leaves. I like to pour a little of limeade into a bowl and muddle the mint leaves. Add back to the mason jar and repeat your shake shake shakes! Pour over ice (or in my case just drink straight out of the jar) and enjoy!

Happy Summering!




No comments:

Post a Comment