Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Seattle!

With Jason in law school, there aren't a whole lot of opportunities for us to take vacations mostly for two reason: A-he's ridiculously busy and B-law school means we are broke as a joke. ;) When we realized that Jason had a day off for the holiday we took advantage of the occasion and headed out! Seattle's just a quick 4 hour drive away so we packed up, left early and were there before we knew it.
Our first stop was the Mariners game! Jase made sure we were there early (an hour and a half to be exact) so we could be one of the first 15,000 to get a free hat. Ha! Note to self-free hats are cheap hats and are not worth the ridiculously early arrival. Don't tell Jason I said that though he loves the hat. The game was a blast! Afterall, baseball is the great American past time and being there the day before our Nation's birthday only seemed fitting.
Next up was the public market. Get ready for a confession-this weekend was the very first time in my 25 years of existence that I've eaten fried fish! Can you believe it? Well I must say I was highly impressed with the fresh cod Ivar's had to offer and I plan on going back on our next visit. My friend so sweetly told me that I've set my fried fish bar way too high now being that I ate it fresh from the ocean and I won't be satisfied with anything else. That's ok though. Like Jason's favorite quote states, "I've got the simplest of taste. I'm always satisfied with the best."
The weather this weekend was absolutely perfect. Not a cloud in site for three straight days. We took advantage of the clear skies and ate at the restaurant atop the space needle. The food was deliciously overpriced but I justified it by saying that we were paying for the experience and memories.
We ended our trip with a bang. We watched the fireworks over lake Union. I'm gonna make a bold statement here-that was probably the best fireworks show I've ever seen. The place was a little too crowded for my liking but without a doubt the show did not disappoint.
All in all, we had a fabulous weekend. I love living so close to a big major city. Weekend getaways are a lot more fun when you have a cool place to visit. Thanks for the memes Seattle! We promise we'll come visit again soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote! Is it Jason's personal quote? If so, I am impressed! And I love that disgusting gum wall. haha, we always take a photo in front of it whenever we visit (all 2 times! ha!) Sounds like a lovely vacation Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gregg and I were totally in Seattle that weekend too! We drove to WA from AZ to visit some family in Bellingham. We actually drove through Spokane on the way back to stop by our family cabin in Idaho. I totally meant to ask Jason what he would suggest for our lunch stop, but completely forgot.

    But anyways, Ivar's is THE best. We would suggest you hit up Daily Dozen Doughnut Company at Pike's next time you're in Seattle. Everytime we vacation there we make sure to stop by.

    ReplyDelete