Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's a new year already?

Hello February. January just flew right by, didn't it? I've had a hard time snapping back into reality after returning home from Hawaii. I just keep wishing I was warm, tan, and laying on a beach. Instead, I spend a good amount of the day in sweatpants, curled up in blanket and eating comfort foods because that's allowed in the winter. My days are tedious. I go to work. I come home. I watch a lot of Dexter. I do yoga. I complain about being cold (probably a little too much, sorry Jason) and I go to bed, only to get up and do it all over again. I've realized I am a true sun child. Being raised in 108 degree AZ heat made me this way. I YEARN for warmth. I need those vitamin D rays running through my veins to be my happiest self.

N.E.wayz. Enough about that.

We've FINALLY finished decorating our apartment. I really really like it. It finally feels like home. As soon as I get motivated and clean, I'll take some pictures and post them. Until then, enjoy these few pics from December. (The camera didn't come out once in January..sorrs!)

Do you see the line? We waited 20 minutes outside in the freezing cold for VooDoo Donuts in Portland. I wasn't sure at first if we were nuts but let me tell you...they were worth it.
Maple Bar with bacon. Jason might have had a love affair with this donut. If it came down to "would you rather spend the rest of your life with Katie or with this donut" I'm pretty sure he'd pick the donut.
The "oh captain my captain" donut. Surprisingly delicious.
A classic Jason photo with Barsh (Beth and Marshall) at Leonard's bakery in Hawaii. We may or may not have gone there 3 times. Oopsies. Worth every pound folks...every pound.
Someday when we're filthy rich and have loads of money to do whatever the freak we want with, I will buy a house in Hawaii (right next to you Beth, don't worry) because I am obsessed with this place.
Here we are at Waimea Bay. Five minutes prior to this photo we were POUNDED by 12 foot waves. The life guard kept warning the swimmers that it wasn't safe to swim but Jason and I like to live life on the wild side. ;)
And I quote, "I think I just got diabetes from that one serving of shaved ice." -Jason. Why the heck did we both get one of those?! I went into a serious sugar coma after consuming that right there. Don't worry, there was ice cream under that mountain of shaved ice too....

Happy Lover's Month all!
In the words of Mindy Kaling (Kelly from the office) - "A little over two weeks to Valentines, guys! Remember...the man who plans gets maximum action. "

1 comment:

  1. haha, I follow her on twitter, she is hilarious. Great post Katie. Now let's see this apartment....hmmm??? :)

    ps-Ol' Dirty Bastard is my favorite Voodoo Donut.

    ReplyDelete