Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A little about me


You know, I've never really felt the need to start a blog mostly because I feel so routine and uninteresting. But over the last few years (sadly yes, I've been following blogs for quite sometime) I've realized how much I enjoy reading about my friends lives and discovering the most fabulous blogs that I absolutely adore! After much pondering and debate I decided that its time to keep in touch with those I love so dear. I've come to accept that I'm a terrible phone talker, and if I'm lucky, get a simple lunch date with my girlfriends when I'm home (which is not enough). So here is my attempt to let you all in on what's going on with me. I guess it's not fair that I get to to know about all of you without me giving anything in return! So today I thought I'd let you all know what I've been up to for the last three years of my life since I left home...

I am currently living in Provo, Utah. I have been nannying for the same family since the day I moved here. I started taking care of 4 kids but it has now turned into 5. That may sound like a lot, but for most of the day the majority of the kids are in school so I just hang out with the little one. She is an absolute doll face. Here name is Danni, she's two and is capable of melting my heart every single day. I love my job. I feel blessed to work with such a great family who, over the years, now feels like my own. I attend Utah Valley University. I have an undecided major which is quite frustrating, but recently I am leaning towards event planning. If any of you know my mother, you're familiar with her amazing ability to throw together a party like it's no one's business. Well, I've been told that I'm a chip off the ol' block and I know I would really enjoy doing something like that.

I have been dating a boy for the past year now. I can't believe it's been that long! Time flies when you're having fun, right??? His name is Jason Widdison and he recently graduated from BYU with a major in International Relations. He is preparing for law school and is probably the most intelligent man I know. He makes me laugh harder then anyone else and is absolutely perfect for me. I'm happy to tell you that I am ridiculously in love and feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful person.

In the past three years I have traveled to New York (twice), DC (twice), Mexico, volunteered with orphans just south of the border, went skydiving, ran a marathon, two half marathons and a ragnar relay, attended many weddings of my closest friends, met the most wonderful people who I will cherish for a life time, worked hard and hopefully played harder.

Simply-I absolutely love life. I have a passion for experiencing new things and visiting new places. I love my friends and family more than anything in the whole world and I truly look forward to what each new day has to offer me.

Hopefully that gives you a small glimpse into my life. I'm happy, healthy, and ready for all adventures that will come my way.


8 comments:

  1. welcome to the blog world. you are about 200 blog years late. but im glad ur here. Then again. i don't even remember the last time i updated.
    whoopsies.
    love you.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, thanks for sharing. May you always find happiness. We love your family.

    Ward Rasmussen

    ReplyDelete
  3. KG: where. the. heck. have. you. been? this isn't funny, if you are laughing. sarah and I still owe you a bday dinner. please find time for us. plus you have to meet sarah's new love. oh yeah, i STILL have to meet your new (well kinda new) love. love the blog, i'm adding you to mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested to see how much you have changed since we were in the 3rd grade! Blogging is simply the best
    : ) hip hip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you have a blog! I miss you so much I feel like I am so out of the loop with your life. Pleassssse call me next time you are in Arizona. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I, for one, will happily read all the updates on your blog - welcome to the club! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! I needed that!! I felt a little out of touch with my girl Katie Gerber! It sounds like you are doing great, and I am so happy for you! You would be the best event planner and maybe one day if I have a cool event you could plan it! But let me know when you are in town next, we need to catch up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie you have always been an amazing girl as long as we have known you keep up the good word and we love you. you secand mom guess hooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete