Friday, June 1, 2012

The place I call home

             
             

             

             

If you would have asked me a year and a half ago if I liked Spokane, I would have said no. Actually, I probably would have SCREAMED no. I thought it was small and ugly. I thought the winters were too cold and too long. I would have complained about unplowed roads and poorly lit streets. I would have said that was nothing to do. I would have whined, "there's no J.Crew!" 

Fast forward now to the present.

I am falling in love with this place. Spring and summer in Spokane is glorious. The flowers TAKE OVER. The parks are unlike anything thing I've ever seen. The temperature hardly ever exceeds 80 degrees. IT IS SO GREEN. There are so many people outdoors just taking it all in. I've seen more BBQers, hikers, playgrounders, walkers, campers-you name it-in my short time here.  

 This place has changed my heart. Arizona friends don't kill me for saying this but I don't know if I could ever move back to the desert. I love all four seasons! I love being able to spend my summers outdoors! (you can't be outside in an AZ summer unless it's in a swimming pool). I love spring time flowers! ...especially the lilacs that seem to almost grow wild here. You see them everywhere. I don't mind shoveling snow! It's actually a good work out. ;) 

It's so funny how your attitude can change in such a short period of time. I've been here almost 2 years and my opinion of this place has completely flip flopped. I'm going to try and take in as much as I can of the northwest in the next year before we move. This place is amazing. I think it may forever hold a piece of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're loving it! And I agree, 4 seasons is a must. Wish we could have come visited you guys there. We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete