Monday, December 7, 2009

snowfall

Snow.
-noun.

snowflakes, snowfall, white stuff; snowdrift, snowbank, snowpack; avalanche.

I've been wishing for snow lately. Christmas lights are up, holiday ballads are playing, shoppers are shopping, chestnuts are roasting, and peppermint ice cream is finally available in the stores. The only thing that was missing was the white stuff on the ground. It really doesn't feel like a Utah Christmas until it snows!

Until, yesterday. I woke up to a winter wonderland outside. I looked out my window and saw every car covered. Every tree branch was limp with mounds of white on them. There wasn't a spot on the ground that wasn't covered with flakes. I was so happy!

Now it's today. I woke up a half hour earlier than normal to dig my car out that was hidden under a pile of frozen precipitation. By the time I was finished my hands were frozen and my boots full of snow. The roads were bad. I slipped and slided on my 20 minute drive to work that use to take me 7 minutes.

It's been two days and I'm already over it. Give me an Arizona winter! It's 68 degrees there today. Perfect weather for a light jacket and flip flops. It's 22 degrees here in Utah. :(

See you in two weeks, Arizona. I'm counting down the days.

I'm so over the cold. ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment